Defiance, OH: (Thomas E.) Keller Trucking, an affiliate of Keller Logistics Group has been recognized as an EPA SmartWay High Performer across all five performance metrics of CO2, NOx, PM, grams per mile and grams per ton-mile. Just over two percent of all SmartWay carriers operate fleets so clean and efficient that they make the SmartWay High Performers list for all metrics.
Whether its carbon, particulate matter or nitrogen oxide, high-performing SmartWay carriers drive cleaner, emit fewer of these pollutants - and burn less fuel - for every mile we travel and for every ton of freight we move, as compared to our SmartWay peers.
As a SmartWay partner, Keller Trucking is challenged and committed to continually produce more efficient and sustainable supply chain transportation solutions. SmartWay High Peformers are partners whose efficiency and/or air quality performance falls within the top-ranked performance range.
"We are very honored to be named a SmartWay High Performer. Environmental stewardship is critical in our industry. By committing to outfit our fleet with the most efficient technology possible, this allows us to move our customers' freight in a safe and timely manner while giving our customers the peace of mind that they made the most environmentally friendly choice by using Keller Trucking as a carrier." Jon Wolfrum - Director of Operations, Keller Trucking
SmartWay was launched by the EPA in 2004 as a voluntary public-private program that:
- provides a comprehensive and well-recognized system for tracking, documenting, and sharing information about fuel use and freight emissions across supply chains
- helps companies identify and select more efficient freight carriers, transport modes, equipment, and operational strategies to improve supply chain sustainability, and lower costs from goods movement
- supports global energy security and offsets environmental risk for companies and countries
- reduces freight transportation-related emissions by accelerating the use of advanced fuel-saving technologies
- is supported by major transportation industry associations, environmental groups, state and local governments, international agencies, and the corporate community.
Check out the partners that made it to the SmartWay High Performer freight carrier list for all metrics!